Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A little commissioned work-in-progress

The past couple of days I have been busy turning this pile of scraps.....

_DSC2160

.....into pages for another soft book of colors.

_DSC2184

I was recently contacted by someone who is attending a baby shower and was asked to bring a book for the baby's library.  She had seen my previous post about Phoebe's book of colors and thought it would be perfect for the shower.  What a lucky baby-to-be!  Phoebe absolutely adored hers, and it was especially great for tummy time - not to mention that she knew all of her colors by the time she was one.

I've been having a lovely time working on this project again - especially not having to measure anything and the surprising configuration the final block ends up being. 

How is everyone else's summer going?  Keeping cool I hope!  Tomorrow I'm going to brave the Ann Arbor Art fair with Phoebe, close to 100 degree temperatures, another pregnant lady, and 1-2 more kids under the age of two.  Wish us luck!


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to use up bits of scrap fabric, its going to look lovely, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks for the book are wonderful!

    Good luck with the Art Fair - it is always hot but this year is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool~ Its going to look awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should make some of those to put on Etsy, I bet they would go like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, this turned out so cute! I'm so glad I got to see it at our meeting last night. My favorite page was the one with the squirrel on it, that is such an adorable fabric! I'm definitely filing this under the "things I need to make someday" category!

    ReplyDelete