Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My new best friend

I've definitely spent more time with the seam ripper than my sewing machine lately.  And I can't blame it on the incredibly easy to follow pattern, but pure absentmindedness on my part.  After a quick fit on Miss Phoebe, I commenced to sew the front and back of my shirt together inside-out.  All this after just picking out all of the 5/8" seam allowances to change them to 1/4".  As a side note, I find 5/8" to be quite excessive anyways - maybe that's just the quilter in me.




Anyway, I hoped to have a finish project to show today, but some toddler sleep regressions have forced me to spend naptime actually napping myself instead of spending quality time with my machine.  Hope you are being more productive than I am!


2 comments:

  1. That has happened to me more times than I care to count. It looks like you're going to have a very cute little urban sweatshirt to show for all your work, though. Hope the sleeping gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am always sewing pieces together backwards and having to resort to the seam ripper...some days are just like that i guess. good luck finishing it up, looks like it will be very cozy and cute!

    ReplyDelete